Monday 19 June 2017

heatstroke or relapse?

AKA the world's crappiest coin toss

Despite containing my birthday (and I really did have a great birthday), the last week has been pretty shitty. A series of nights where sleep has been hard to come by has combined with the heat to severely affect my mobility. Even going across the road is a major operation.

I've also had some pretty bad falls (even falling out of bed - hello, nicely-developing bruise on my left hip) but Sunday night was the icing on the cake. Trying to get to the toilet, legs not working at all, collapsing hard into a dressing table, my wife struggling to get me upright. The one bright spark is that The Child amazingly slept through it all!

I called the MS Nurses first thing and have an appointment at a Relapse clinic tomorrow. It might be the heat but there has been a slow increase in disability recently, despite physio and everything I've been doing. It's been five years since my last relapse so I've sort of forgotten how things usually play out! However, I'm kind of hoping for some steroids to clear things up. I know it's not something to wish for lightly but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

When I eventually got back into bed last night I wrote (in my head) the angriest, most foul mouthed, most self-pitying blog post ever, so I'm thankful that good sense and a bad memory have prevailed - plus I didn't have my phone to hand.

BRIGHT SPOT: Me and the divine Mrs. D have a shared calendar on our phones, and the listing for my appointment tomorrow is for Dr Gran's Relapse Clinic, which sounded to her like some kind of travelling third division psychedelic band.

No comments:

Post a Comment