Thursday 2 May 2013

incoming broadcast

As a member of Derby's Cultural Elite (HA!), I often get approached to go on the radio and HOLD FORTH about STUFF.

I was contacted this week to see if I would go on the mid-morning show on BBC Radio Derby tomorrow (Friday 2 May) to talk about three news stories from the past week.

So I'm going on to talk about some STUFF and also MS Awareness Week.

I've gone back and forth about how I'm going to do it, or if I should do it.

But I kind of think that this is (in some form) activism - showing a different face to MS and talking about this ghastly condition in a different way.

And it's not as if I'm ashamed of it, or backwards about coming forwards generally.

So we'll see how it goes - I'm on the Mid-Morning show (so no plugs for the blog, unfortunately!) on BBC Radio Derby at about 11.15am.

I've been talking to the MS Society and the MS Trust in order to get prepared - so hopefully I won't completely ARSE it up. I've been on loads of times before but not talking about something which means so much to me personally.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Good luck. Not sure how to access the broadcast from the U.S., especially given the time difference, but perhaps you can post an audio clip to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess it'll be something like 3 in the morning at that time for you? prime hypochondria night-terror time!

    if so, try listening through http://www.tunnelbear.com/

    i'll try to grab a copy but posting it online will be *gasp* illegal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point; that's often when I'm awake imagining my slow, painful death. If not, by some miracle, I'll check the link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh crap - i knew my comment seemed a bit flippant - sorry! i genuinely wish you a long and sleep-filled night.

    if i don't screw it up i'll try to record it.

    if i screw it up, i wasn't able to record it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!
    I'm sure you will be fabulous. Looking forward to hearing it. Best of British!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto. Hope that everything goes well. Yet another 'small' victory?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't interpret your comment that way. No worries! And it *was* a long-ish, sleep-filled night, thank you.

    How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks all - i think it went okay??! might dash off a quick post after listening back to it (and i will try to post a recording...)

    but it was ok - didn't say everything i wanted to, but that's kind of always the way!

    ReplyDelete